We believe corporate volunteering is an important aspect of personal
development, which helps individuals to recognise their own value in society.
Severstal offers its employees a variety of opportunities to participate in
corporate charitable programmes and develop useful social skills while building
relationships with peers and like-minded people. Our programme includes
training workshops with internal and external experts and we design and run
charitable initiatives, raffles, Christmas fairs, auctions, marathons, master
classes and other events.
Some of our events are corporate in scale and take place across all our key
businesses. These include:
- Helping children from vulnerable families prepare for the new school
- New Year raffles and fairs to support charitable funds, and collection of
presents for the Present for Every Child project
- #GivingTuesday International Day of Giving events
- Donor Day
- Support of schools, kindergartens and foster care institutions
- Support for animal shelters
Our Hockey Without Borders project gives citizens with disabilities,
supported by Severstal volunteers, an opportunity to visit the games of
Severstal and Almaz teams and also meet the athletes and participate in joint
training sessions. Severstal’s Hockey Without Borders project won the
Good Deeds Champions 2019 corporate volunteering award in the Health
Severstal actively involves employees in environmental protection
initiatives, including volunteering events. Our businesses organise annual
volunteer events to clean our facilities, remove waste from river banks, and
help with municipal landscaping. The number of environmental volunteering
events in our businesses increases every year.
- Moscow office of Severstal organised more than
20 charitable events. These included the New Year fair with charitable
foundations, blood donation events, and fundraising for Tulun flood
- As a part of the Giving Thursday initiative for the International Day of
Giving, the majority of our businesses run special events: Moscow office of
Severstal together with Utkonos raised funds to purchase 60 food sets for the
residents of the Marfino social centre in Mytyshchi District of Moscow Oblast.
Our volunteers delivered food to families, senior citizens and persons with
disabilities. Karelsky Okatysh employees collected food items and household
appliances for senior citizens without families and persons with
- Karelsky Okatysh employees support schools, kindergartens, rehabilitation
centres for children with disabilities, and the Polytechnic College.
- Miners Gift Heat volunteering project of Vorkutaugol participated in the
Russian Volunteer 2019 contest. Youth Council members participate in the
Grandma Nearby charitable initiative to collect food and sanitary items for
senior citizens without families. They also traditionally organise New Year
greetings for veterans, miner families with many children, and resident
- More than 50 people participated in the International Donor Day in
Cherepovets arranged one week before the New Year by the Youth Council of
Severstal Russian Steel.
- Employees of the Vologda branch of Severstal Steel Ropes supported the
House of Solace Christian Orthodox shelter in Volzhsky. This subsidiary takes
care of 30 resident children from unprivileged families and families in
- Young volunteers of Severstal Metiz helped arrange seating for the guests
and managed spectator flow at the celebration for Severstal veterans and the
Together to Success gala performance in the Ice Palace.
- The employees of the monitoring and measurement devices shop of the power
machinery repair plant of Promservice participated in the Easy to Help
volunteer project. 15 plant employees together with other volunteers renovated
and cleaned up the ZooShchit animal shelter in Cherepovets. Our employees
supported a stray dog shelter in Kostomuksha and Veles animal shelter in
- More than 20 Day of Kindness events were organised in St. Petersburg and
Kolpino. Our employees collected and delivered food and personal hygiene
articles were collected for the individuals in care of the Integrated Public
Social Services Centre of Kolpino District; helped schools and kindergartens to
purchase construction materials for renovations; and organised sports events
for the military.
- Annual participation in the Clean Games environmental quest: Our Moscow
office employees planted flowers in a rehabilitation centre in Odintsovo. Olcon
supported the environmental quest in Olenegorsk at the shore of Lake
Komsomolskoye for the second time. 11 teams collected 1,300 kilograms of waste
within three hours. 15 teams participated in the contest in Kostomuksha,
including teams of Karelsky Okatysh and Cherepovets Steel Mill.
- Vorkutaugol joined the annual River Band environmental event. Coal
miners removed waste from the water protection zones of three rivers and six
- Vorkutaugol participated in a series of volunteer events helping to clean
up and landscape Vorkuta. All collected waste was transported to the
- Kolpino site of Severstal Russian Steel sent its team to the citywide
Kolpino Landscaping Day to help remove waste and unauthorized advertising.
Together with colleagues from other local businesses, our employees planted the
trees in the Young Industrialist Alley along Zavodskoy Prospekt. Other
employees of this site removed waste from the banks of Popova Izhorka river,
and participated in a waste sorting event.
- Representatives of various departments of the Volgograd branch of Severstal
Steel Ropes planted 50 young trees in a park by the plant management building.
This event was a part of the general city landscaping restoration initiative
suggested at the meeting of the Environmental Council of Volgograd Oblast
- Yakovlevsky Mine employees organised a volunteer event at Yakovlevo
stadium. They removed waste, painted sports equipment and benches, and renewed
football pitch markings. The mine established a special parking lot for mine
employees who would like to contribute to the reduction of exhaust gas
emissions by switching from personal vehicles to bicycles.